latest git version no longer detected by base

Herby G herby.gillot at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 02:16:29 UTC 2022

As I mentioned in my original comment on the commit
<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/053dbb666a57972ceefba10b1edd12f16d886fd4#commitcomment-71301886>,
the big change in Git 2.35.3 (and starting in 2.35.2) is a major behavior
change to address CVE-2022-24765
<https://github.blog/2022-04-12-git-security-vulnerability-announced/>

What this means in practice is that Git will no longer operate on or
process any higher level Git directories with different ownership.

As I had mentioned to Ken earlier on in this list, you can try setting the
*safe.directory* configuration value to disable this behavior as mentioned
in the above post:
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-config/2.35.2#Documentation/git-config.txt-safedirectory

It looks like it should be *safe.directory = ** in the master git
configuration file, though I have not tried that myself.