go ports fetching dependencies at build time

Herby G herby.gillot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:46:42 UTC 2022

The mechanism we use to vendor Go dependencies can be somewhat brittle and
does not work very well in a number of instances. For some updates, new Go
dependencies cause failures during extraction when attempting to capture
them in go.vendors.

Additionally, the key mechanism we currently use to vendor Go apps, which
is disabling Go modules (GO111MODULE=off) is not recommended.  We should
try to find a better solution. Gregory Anders proposed one a while back
which could vendor deps but still keep Go modules enabled:
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/10381