perl5 default version

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jul 3 12:31:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

First of all: thanks a lot for the effort of migrating 100+ ports to perl 5.34.
(I'm now confused because I got an email from Jeremy and two days
later Joshua did all the work.)

I bumped a few more in
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/15265
and updated perl to 5.36 in
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/15264

I would be grateful for some reviews and testing (I didn't do any), so
that we could merge this quickly.
I also suspect that a number of ports that just "piggy-back" on
default perl version might need a revision bump, but I leave it to
others to figure that out (some are listed in the above PR).

Once these two PRs get merged, I would be grateful for a bit more help
to remove dependencies on anything older than perl 5.34, so that we
could delete thousands of perl subports before adding new ones for
p5.36-*.

Once we have the subports for 5.36 available, we can of course repeat
the exercise of switching to 5.36 ;)
There's no hurry for the latter, but it would at least be nice to get
to the point where we get rid of < 5.34 and introduce support for
5.36.

Thanks,
    Mojca