Help with Unsigned MacPorts App Bundles, on Big Sur and Monterey

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jul 8 18:24:17 UTC 2022

I’m still very new to the Big Sur and Monterey scene - particularly relative to development - and could use some assistance with the following ticket. But in short, when various apps are run, user files are inaccessible.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/65302 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/65302>

Given that our bundles are unsigned, this makes some sense. However, even when apps are granted full disk access via the “Security and Privacy” settings, access is still blocked.

Yesterday I went a step further, and tried adding GateKeeper exceptions for MacPorts apps via ’spctl’. But that doesn’t cut the mustard, either. (Details in the ticket.)

So… thoughts as to how we address this?