gobject_introspection and meson

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:44:03 UTC 2022

Hi,

Please bear with this question concerning an install that doesn't use the latest build of everything...

I see that the gobject_introspection PG has support for disabling the feature when the meson build system is used, supposes the option is provided universally and needs to be activated.

This breaks building port:gjs locally for me, with the message that the `introspection` option doesn't exist. I do see that there is a binary build on the build bots so I have to conclude that some port (not new enough on my install) provides this option somehow.

Does anyone happen to know what port that might be?

I've been googling the issue and from the results I get the impression that the consensus is that introspection is too crucial a feature to disable, so there is no central option to disable it.

FWIW, port:gjs also generates an identical error about the `python` option to select the Python binary...

Thanks,
R.