SPOOLES MT routines

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:01:57 UTC 2022

For the basic installation of CalculiX-ccx the library spooles.a with the single- and multi-threading (MT) routines of SPOOLES is required. Currently I have defined a pre-build phase for spooles, although a subport could work.There are some entries in its makefile that will need to be patched:

#
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  MPI install library
#
# MPI_INSTALL_DIR =
  MPI_INSTALL_DIR = /usr/local/mpich-1.0.13
#
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  MPI library path
#
# for sgi
#
# MPI_LIB_PATH =
#
# for solaris
#
  MPI_LIB_PATH = -L$(MPI_INSTALL_DIR)/lib/solaris/ch_p4
#
# for hp
#
# MPI_LIB_PATH =
#
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  MPI libraries
#
# for solaris
#
  MPI_LIBS = $(MPI_LIB_PATH) -D_REENTRANT -lmpi -lsocket -lnsl -lthread
#
# for sgi
#
# MPI_LIBS = $(MPI_LIB_PATH) -lmpi -lpthread
#
# for hp
# MPI_LIBS = -lpthread
# MPI_LIBS = $(MPI_LIB_PATH) -lpthread
#
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  MPI include path
#
# MPI_INCLUDE_DIR =
  MPI_INCLUDE_DIR = -I$(MPI_INSTALL_DIR)/include
#

The spooles.a library source is packaged with ccx and static linked. Would a build dependency on mpich suffice?

Thanks,
Mark