LLVM port mp-llvm-* select groups mislinks certain programs

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 19:02:59 UTC 2022

Hi Ryan,

You can easily see the issue with

> sudo port -d select llvm mp-llvm-13

the linkage starts out in sync, but then starts to diverge..

<snip>
DEBUG: ln -sf /opt/local/bin/llvm-symbolizer-mp-13 /opt/local/bin/llvm-symbolizer
DEBUG: rm -f /opt/local/bin/llvm-tblgen
DEBUG: rm -f /opt/local/bin/llvmc
DEBUG: ln -sf /opt/local/bin/opt-mp-13 /opt/local/bin/macho-dump
DEBUG: ln -sf /opt/local/bin/llvm-tblgen-mp-13 /opt/local/bin/opt
<snip>

I tried applying the patch as supplied, and then reran port select, but it didn't’ make any difference.

I confess I am not that familiar with how the port select mechanism works - does the port need to be rev-bump in order to get rebuilt with the patch (which would be a bit of a pain) ?

cheers Chris