MacPorts 2.8.0-beta1 now available for testing

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 09:09:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

I’m not running the beta but the current master branch of base, but I guess its similar.

I’m noticing with the latest version  `sudo port sync` just hangs up after updating my local git clone. e.g.

Oberon ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > sudo port -d sync
DEBUG: Copying /Users/chris/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///Users/chris/Projects/MacPorts/ports
DEBUG: euid/egid changed to: 501/20, env: HOME=/Users/chris SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.vx1uKV7YtR/Listeners
DEBUG: /opt/local/bin/git pull --rebase --autostash
DEBUG: system -W /Users/chris/Projects/MacPorts/ports: /opt/local/bin/git pull --rebase --autostash
Already up to date.

and thats it, it never gets any further and just hangs up there.

If I contrl-c the process I can get it to continue.

^CDEBUG: euid/egid restored to: 0/0, env restored
DEBUG: system: /opt/local/bin/portindex /Users/chris/Projects/MacPorts/ports
Creating port index in /Users/chris/Projects/MacPorts/ports

Total number of ports parsed:	0
Ports successfully parsed:	0
Ports failed:			0
Up-to-date ports skipped:	29934