MacPorts 2.8.0-beta1 now available for testing

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 16:27:26 UTC 2022

> On 20 Oct 2022, at 5:11 pm, Marius Schamschula <lists at schamschula.com> wrote:
>

> Chris,
>
> Correct!
>
> I don’t want to use —autostash, as it may clobber WIP files in my local tree (per the git-pull man page).

My experience with the autostash option is it always works as advertised, so stashes your local changes, applies the update then reapplies the stash. Not using this option isn’t going to help you much if you do have conflicts with master, you are going to have to resolve them one way or anohter eventually, but not using it makes your life harder in the vast majority of cases where it works fine.

Just my 2pence worth, but I do not think you are doing yourself any favours avoiding it.

Chris