Removed ports still listed on ports.macports.org

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 30 10:19:12 UTC 2022

On Oct 30, 2022, at 01:06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> V ned., 30. okt. 2022 01:02 je oseba Nils Breunese napisala:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The openjdk port was removed on August 25th after it had been obsoleted a while ago (https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/15910), but I just noticed that https://ports.macports.org/port/openjdk/details/ still shows the openjdk port information from when it last existed.
>>
>> I see there are more ports listed on https://ports.macports.org<https://ports.macports.org/> that have been removed from the ports tree, e.g. https://ports.macports.org/port/openjdk7-zulu/.

openjdk7-zulu has *not* been removed from the ports tree. It's there, it's just obsolete and can't be installed:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/java/openjdk7-zulu/Portfile

It will be removed one year after it was marked as being obsolete.

That sounds like a fine idea, but https://ports.macports.org/port/openjdk/details/ does not say anywhere that openjdk has been deleted. (It says it is obsolete, which is different from deleted.) I seem to recall the ports web site used to say when a port was deleted but maybe it no longer does, or maybe it's broken for this specific port for some reason.