having the "+test" or "+tests" variant propagate causes unexpected builds

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sun Oct 30 11:30:14 UTC 2022

Maybe MacPorts could introduce the concept of ‘test dependencies’ (dependencies only required for running tests). I work with Apache Maven quite a bit, and apart from build and runtime dependencies (which MacPorts already distinguishes) it also supports declaring test scope dependencies, that don’t need to be installed until tests are actually run: https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Scope

Nils.