having the "+test" or "+tests" variant propagate causes unexpected builds

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 03:42:12 UTC 2022

I wonder if there was consideration given way-back-when to the idea of having NO propagation of variants at all.

Anything you wanted to apply to every port, you would put in variants.conf. Otherwise, your variant applied to the port you were currently installing, and that is it.

To me — that makes quite a bit of sense, actually…might solve a lot of problems.

But I’m sure some scenario arises where it was needed.