Disabled key in launchd plists

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:24:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've noticed that most of the launchd plists installed by ports have `Disabled: true`. There are a select few that don't, among which the mariadb server. I have that port installed, and yet no mariadb launchd job loaded which suggests that launchd does not auto-load plists, at least not from an "unsupported" location like /opt/local/Library/Launch{Agents,Daemons}.

What's the actual function of this key? Just a convenience feature so you can do `launchctl [un]load /path/to/*.plist` and only load the enabled jobs?

Thanks,
R.