what's with the C++ <filesystem> extension?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:53:25 UTC 2022

On Sunday September 18 2022 23:57:53 Chris Jones wrote:

>Follow the above at your own risk.

As I said, there is no need to update the system libc++ on systems that already have it; `port:libcxx` can (could) provide a set of libraries under ${prefix} that override the system ones for dependent ports, just like any other port that provides newer versions of what's also provided by Apple.
This carries the same amount of risk as comes with those other ports (port:zlib, for instance...)

>The much better solution, imho, is if you needed newer c++ support, just migrate to a more recent os that supports it…

Yeah, sure. Let's see before I download the 10.15 installer, oh, wait, my hardware will only upgrade to 10.13 (officially).

Guess why I'm migrating away from Macs ...

R.