what's with the C++ <filesystem> extension?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 17:41:54 UTC 2022

> On 19 Sep 2022, at 6:12 pm, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> never mind, I discovered port:macports-libcxx and the trac ticket that led to its creation (which mentions the filesystem extension...)
>
> The port does exactly what I think should be done, but at a port-specific level.

Indeed, I also had forgotten about that port.

Note though the expose of that feature, on newer systems at least, is very much limited at the moment and I stand by my statement that mixing multiple c++ runtimes, unless done very very carefully, is a recipe for problems. So expanding the usage of that option to many more ports should be done carefully.

Chris