VLC for PowerPC: make a separate port or modify existing?

Sergey Fedorov vital.had at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 20:19:59 UTC 2023

By the way, switching to X11 may be the only feasible way to have some
modern software on 10.4–10.6 *Intel*.
Whether with VLC or with SDL, as well as with a number of other ports, the
primary problem – and really *the* stopper – is the SDK. Not bitness,
endianness or arch ABI (and in any case Intel is the most compatible here
with default thoughtless choices of some upstreams).

In this context maybe someone would have an interest in making it work on
the older Intel? (If I get this to work on PPC, I will test on Intel too.)