Why some ports seem to install universal when I do not request it ?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 10:08:11 UTC 2023

Hi,

Thanks, eventually I figured that out for myself as well. I didn’t appreciate that if a port indicated it didn’t support arm, the x86_64 would be installed instead and used via rosetta etc. nice.

I  have though already found a number of ports I use indicate they only support x86_64 but this seems unnecessary as remove it they build fine for arm64, so can be removed.

cheers Chris