Xcode PortGroup: Xcode compiles code twice?

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Tue Aug 15 18:29:42 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a Portfile that uses the xcode PortGroup, and I've noticed
something that surprised me: It seems that the MacPorts build is compiling
the source code during the build phase, and then compiling the source code
AGAIN during the destroot phase? Is this correct, or am I starting to
hallucinate? Because when I add a 'build {}' to my Portfile, which in
theory should cause nothing to be compiled, all of the compiled products
are still somehow coming into existence and getting placed into ${destroot}.

--
Jason Liu