Buildbots down?

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Wed Feb 8 00:41:17 UTC 2023

On Tue, 7 Feb 2023, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2023, at 14:09, Fred Wright wrote:

>> Based on a couple of ports where I've had PRs merged recently, it looks
>> like the buildbots are mostly back in service, but Mojave and arm64 are
>> still out.
>
> Yes. Disk first aid found a minor problem on the Mojave disk that I had
> hoped to correct before putting it back into service by booting from the
> installer and running some fsck commands there, but it is hanging when
> booting from the installer. It is possible I created the installer image
> incorrectly.

Did you do something other than run createinstallmedia from the installer
app?  If you copy an existing installer, make sure you copy the entire
drive and not just the volume.  The OS is incapable of fully booting from
a volume (as I've found out the hard way).

If it was just about running fsck for minor problems, why not just boot
into single-user mode?

> I took the Apple Silicon machine offline in anticipation of upgrading
> it; see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/66637.

Yes, I saw that.

Fred Wright