SDL2 for older systems: which components we need enabled? Cocoa vs X11

Sergey Fedorov vital.had at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 15:32:46 UTC 2023

libsdl 2.0.22 (our Snow Leopard port) builds on PowerPC with unoffensive
fixes, however I had to disable cocoa video and joystick for that.
They are likely fixable (though no idea whether and how they gonna work),
but at least cocoa video gonna require a massive rewrite – or perhaps
falling back to an earlier implementation. (Well, this is not a kind of
code I can genuinely rewrite – only adapt patches and maybe improve
something a bit.)

However, if X11 implementation is a meaningful replacement, it builds fine
with no trickery.

Any thoughts?

P. S. ICE on hidapi is trivially fixable – I just reverted a commit which
has broken that. After that, hidapi builds fine.