SDL2 for older systems: which components we need enabled? Cocoa vs X11

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 11:43:04 UTC 2023

As I recall, 2.08 built with his patches, but did not actually work, using the cocoa interface. This was about 5 years ago, so you’d have to find the ticket. I kept the last version that DID work in Leopardports.

If you believe that using sdl2 via x11 will allow some port requiring a newish sdl to run usefully on ppc, have a try and see what happens. No need to have a long discussion about whether it will or won’t here…. you’ll know soon enough.

My point is that it needs actual testing for FUNCTION, not just building.