Qt5 on =?utf-8?Q?<=3D_?=10.6

Sergio Had vital.had at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 11:50:48 UTC 2023

Does Qt5 work on 10.5–10.6 Intel?

It looks that at least earlier 5.x versions installed on 10.6: https://ports.macports.org/port/qt53/stats
Presumably that should be fixable for 10.5 and PPC.
(I am not sure if 5.3 is of much use though – do developers of ports depending on Qt5 support it still?)

P. S. Given how much efforts it takes every time to fix something for Qt4, even if it means just digging out a right version and reverting some commits, I start asking a question if it is easier just to fix some early 5.x version. There should not be anything arch-specific, it should be just C++, I guess. Just find fallbacks for whatever misses in SDK, but if it works on 10.6 Intel, it might be pretty feasible.