Unable to fetch sources from GitLab instance

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun Jul 30 02:24:29 UTC 2023

Jason, port fetch with your unmodified portfile works fine for me.
Monterey x86_64, Macports 2.81, freshly updated.  I think your portfile
recipe for this gitlab instance is good.  There have been several recent
reports of Macports fetch problems.  These often relate to down level Apple
native versions of curl on older Macs, improper certificate updates on
servers, etc.

There is a shortcut if it is only a single tar file.  Instead of spending
time diagnosing, just manually download the distfile, which you already
have.  Then manually insert that into
(prefix)/var/macports/distfiles/librist, then re-run port install, as
described in https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#fetch-failures.
Port install will then skip the problematic download and be happy with the
local copy.  When your portfile is later merged into Macports, the distfile
will be propagated to various mirrors, which will then serve anyone having
problems with the original server.

Also see:  https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#letsencrypt