iTerm2

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Fri Jun 23 00:06:37 UTC 2023

iTerm2 is getting increasingly hard to support building using macports to
where I'm not even using the build - I've just been trying to fix it. The
big issue is that building it on the latest box with the latest Xcode works
great, but the developer rightly assumes that they can just send that
binary out to everyone and if you can't build it, well, download the binary.

So I'm wondering what exactly to do. We could download the binary for all
but the latest Xcodes/Macs or if you force it with a source build flag? I
think that might be the answer.

I'm open to any suggestions or input. Also, I'm not sure how to do binary
installs, are there examples? Java comes to mind for some reason.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>
GitHub Profile <https://github.com/markemer>