Sonoma Apple Silicon build machine

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 18:59:13 UTC 2023

What is the situation with MacPorts port builds on the autobuilder for
Sonoma? Am I correct to assume that we are waiting for Apple to release
Xcode 15.1 to resolve the outstanding linker issues introduced in Xcode 15?
I recently switched from a 2017 MacBook Pro i5 to a 20202 MacBook Air M1
and, on a clean install of MacPorts, was able to build through to the pymol
package with the current Xcode 15.1 beta and associated command tools
packages installed. So far, I haven't seen much evidence of Apple Silicon
packages for Sonoma being built. at least through what the rsync servers
show.
    Thanks in advance for any clarifications.
                 Jack