Update port reinstallation instruction on wiki

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 3 23:05:25 UTC 2023

On Oct 2, 2023, at 5:58 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> If you understand the process well enough to evaluate the tradeoff of not restoring quite all the state, you are not really the target audience for the Migration instructions. If you don't mind dealing with the occasional problem due to opportunistic use, you're free to simply run 'sudo port upgrade outdated' after reinstalling base.

FWIW, this is what I've done for the past several MacOS updates and the only problems I've run into have been ports that just fail to build on the new OS.

YMMV (especially since the set of ports you care about is probably not the same as the set of ports I have installed), and I'm prepared to debug/fix any problems I see, but I find it much easier than the other options.
--
Daniel J. Luke