Xcode 15.0 on Ventura builders

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 12:38:17 UTC 2023

Hi,

For me, I would hold off updating the macOS13 buildbots until the linker issues with Xcode 15 are resolved, as otherwise you are likely to see increased build failures, e.g. with ports that use gcc built binaries. At least at the moment the buildbots are still able to provide binary tarballs, minimising the impact of these issues to those who have updated Xcode.

We have enough bug reports from users with Xcode 15, and eventually any macOS14 buildbots. I don’t see the advantage to also having these issues hit the macOS13 builds as well.

Chris