how to handle 'internal' logs for failed builds

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Apr 4 22:29:06 UTC 2024

On 5/4/2024 01:39, Chris Jones wrote:
> So what is happening is the build internally packages its own versions
> of some externals, freetype being one of them, and its this that fails
> during configure for some reason.
>
> The problem is the contents of that log are, of course, not in the
> macports build log, so I cannot see what it is that is causing it, and
> as it works for me I cannot look locally myself. I've tried looking at
> my versions of the logs, and just guess what might be wrong, missing new
> deps for instance, but that hasn't worked, so I really need to see whats
> in that log from the build bots...

> So. Is there anything I can do here. Ideally something similar to the
> above perhaps, but which will still run even if the build phase itself
> fails... ?

I don't know how it could be generalised to all possible logs, but you
can easily modify the list of logs that CI makes available:
<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/.github/workflows/main.yml#L196-L202>

Do that on a branch, make some change to the affected port as well, and
push to your fork and let CI run.

- Josh