10.5 and gcc8 x86-64 ok but ppc bails with dlerror

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 6 02:26:14 UTC 2024

On Apr 5, 2024, at 13:03, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Odd/Even was an old practice, possibly not followed anymore.

It was an old practice of GNOME abandoned in 2020. Graphviz, Cairo, Pango, Pixman, Glib2 are examples, from ports I maintain(ed). The MacPorts "gnome" livecheck recipe still follows this rule. Never heard of gcc following it. All I remember about gcc's versioning is that prior to version 5, the branch name consisted of the first two numbers in the version number, and as of 5 it is only the first number. Thus the branches are e.g. 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5, 6, 7, etc.