Difference between mpbb and local builds

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Feb 2 20:52:00 UTC 2024

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 01:40:45PM -0500, Link Dupont via macports-dev wrote:
> I submitted a new port[1] recently. I ensured that it compiled and
> runs locally, but when I the commit was merged, I noticed that the
> buildbot builds are failing[2] with an error:
>
> > cli.c:8:10: fatal error: 'availability.h' file not found
>
> I’m puzzled why this doesn’t seem to be a problem locally. How can I
> go about reproducing this build failure locally so that I can figure
> out a fix? What sort of differences are there between ports built
> locally and ports built by the build bot?

Apart from the differences that others have mentioned, the build
machines also run a case-sensitive filesystem. That seems to be the
issue here, since the default installation of macOS (which yours likely
is) is case-preserving, but not case-sensitive, but the header is
actually

  /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/Availability.h

i.e. with a capital Availability.h, but you're including it all lower
case. That would work on a standard install, but fail on the buildbots.

--
Clemens