Difference between mpbb and local builds

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Feb 3 00:04:19 UTC 2024

On 3/2/2024 07:54, Link Dupont via macports-dev wrote:

> I suppose the solution here is to patch it in the Port to inlclude “Availability.h” instead?

As per its comments, Availability.h is for the use of OS headers to
declare what is available. Programs wanting to check what is available
should use AvailabilityMacros.h.

Check MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED when it matters which SDK you are
building against (and thus which features have available declarations).
If you instead care about the oldest OS version that the program may run
on (and thus which features need a runtime availability check), use
MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED.

__MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED is from AvailabilityInternal.h, which as
its name suggests is only intended to be used internally (by
Availability.h).

- Josh