Rebuilding binaries

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Feb 9 20:33:47 UTC 2024

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 01:05:04PM -0700, Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate via macports-dev wrote:
> I am working on a port that was broken because of a fault in a
> dependency. The dependency port was fixed and the binaries were
> rebuilt.  However, the current port's binaries are not automatically
> rebuilt.  Build status on the ports website shows "failed install
> port" for the affected OS versions.  I would like to get rebuilt
> binaries and change the build status to successful.
>
> Generally speaking, what is the "correct protocol" in Macports, to get
> port binaries to rebuild, when there is no particular reason to rev
> bump or otherwise make any changes to the portfile?

Two options: (1) Make a whitespace-only change to the Portfile. (2) Tell
somebody with a log-in for build.macports.org to trigger a build.

For (2), there are a bunch of people like that on this list, but the
accounts are created manually. I'm one of them. If you tell me what
port(s) you want rebuilt, I can trigger that for you.

(1) might be simpler because it takes care of all OSes and is
self-service.

--
Clemens