How to force run tests as non-root?

Sergey Fedorov vital.had at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 06:21:26 UTC 2024

For some reason sudo is not allowed. For example, I try using *system "sudo
-u svacchanda ./VidaliaTestSuite"* (just for the sake of testing, since it
works when running manually), but get:

[100%] Built target VidaliaTestSuite

make[1]: Leaving directory
`/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_svacchanda_SonomaPorts_security_Vidalia/Vidalia/work/build'

/opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_svacchanda_SonomaPorts_security_Vidalia/Vidalia/work/build/CMakeFiles
0

make: Leaving directory
`/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_svacchanda_SonomaPorts_security_Vidalia/Vidalia/work/build'

--->  Testing Vidalia

sh: /usr/bin/sudo: Operation not permitted

Command failed: sudo -u svacchanda ./VidaliaTestSuite

Exit code: 126

I tried a few other ways of adding *sudo -u* via the portfile, and get the
same error.

P. S. Both cmake 1.0 and cmake 1.1 fail identically with regard to running
tests.