MacPorts 2.9.0-beta1 now available for testing

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Jan 1 17:05:38 UTC 2024

On 31/12/2023 23:01, Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
> Greeting,
>
> Any news / changes on Github PG / extract.rename = yes for multiple distfiles?
>
> See:
>   - https://trac.macports.org/ticket/66993
>   - https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/9110117598a7828780270c73402bf2bd434082f8/devel/retdec/Portfile#L142-L146

If that's a common thing for ports that use the github portgroup, it
should be fixed in the portgroup. That might be done by bringing back
this code in some form:
<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c97c7bdae9e90d22924637f003eefb7b568ad25b#diff-57ebc90062d9fb5da7d7792042073d211db18d7c2383f740469a500dd4740524L98-L121>

It may need some tweaking, for example the previously existing version
of the code only ran if github.tarball_from was 'tarball', but I'm
pretty sure I've seen hashes in the directory name for 'archive' as well
sometimes.

If on the other hand this only affects a small number of ports, I think
it's fine to let them keep handling this in their Portfiles, like any
other uncommon requirement.

- Josh