Support for ancient machines and operating systems

David Gilman davidgilman1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:10:52 UTC 2024

There aren’t going to be great answers to this because it is hard to solve
a social issue via technical means. But my 2c here is that if you
absolutely have to fork, maintaining the fork as a patchwork repo on top of
the Portfile repo is in play. If the rebase is done manually, or with some
CI, you also have some quality assurance that the patched repo works and
can minimize time spent on testing.

David Gilman
:DG<