Support for unreleased beta apple operating systems (was Support for ancient machines and operating systems)

Sergey Fedorov vital.had at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:06:03 UTC 2024

To begin with, it is not up to me to decide what Macports should or should
not do, it is not my project.

However solution, if you ask me, if not to dump some users, who may be few,
but interested to contribute (I think no one can honestly accuse me of
fixing only PowerPC stuff – well, Ken may, but commit history is public),
and not to give up on one major competitive advantage over Homebrew, but
rather optimize how committing is done.

Give commit access to others, and no one will need to waste time approving
commits.

For a note, I still think that PowerPC impact is overexaggerated, and
mostly because there are some members who just hate the stuff, so every
once in a while we get huge threads.
I did not count, of course, but I think PPC-exclusive commits are not
numerous, and when PPC fixes are done, they normally are done together with
fixes for Intel or together with updates, so they should not take more time
to merge.

There is also not much problem to maintain ppc-specific code: if it is
there at all, do not touch it, and it gonna work. PPC does not change much
nowadays ;)