mailing list "dev" vs "user"

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Jan 25 09:54:23 UTC 2024

Hi,

up to now I didn't subscribe to "macports-dev" mailing list, even if I
use and collaborate in MacPorts for years!

Questions about bugs (e.g. discussions similar to track) belong to which
list best? Is "dev" only for "macports" itself or also for the ports in it?
I thought the former, then I checked the archives casually and noticed
there is lot of discussion going on on the "dev" list including support
for old systems,  PPC, things about GTK and so which I just missed and I
am active and interested in.

Thanks,

Riccardo