GEDA site dead?

Valerio Messina efa at iol.it
Sat Jan 27 17:25:13 UTC 2024

domain was http://www.geda-project.org/
see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEDA
seems payd till October 2024 but now is down

gEDA development has always been with the main focus on Linux and have
never cared about macOS and Windows.
In recent years, competition from KiCad (which is madly actively
developed cross platform by CERN and is still GPL) I think has killed
the development of gEDA. The only exception is GerbV which is still
maintained and is quite up to date for Linux and Windows, but not for macOS:
https://github.com/gerbv/gerbv

In reality GerbV has always been the only program in the package to
compile correctly for Windows, I generated it annually for Linux and
Windows colleagues, and due to its ease I still find it superior to the
one integrated into KiCad, even if it does not support the Gerber X2
standard is become obsolete.

Take a look to Lepton:
https://github.com/lepton-eda/lepton-eda
seems mantained