GEDA site dead?

Mark Anderson mark at macports.org
Sun Jan 28 00:41:41 UTC 2024

Yeah - that's what I've been afraid of - I've been the maintainer for a
while, but even I don't use it that much anymore - and was wondering if it
was completely dead or had any life at all. It's macOS performance had been
slipping as well.

I know gerbv/pcb/gtkwave have all kept up which is good - but it might be
time to deprecate the geda-gaf port and focus on other EDA stuff that has
been popping up, like Klayout, and the 130 nm open source PDK, and
OpenRoad/Lane. I always had a soft spot for gEDA since it was kinda a
knockoff of Cadence which is how I got my chip design start, but it might
be time to move on.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <mark at macports.org>
MacPorts Trac WikiPage <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/mark>