mysql8: remove cmake flag from build using openssl portgroup

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 23:10:44 UTC 2024

Hi,

I'm working with the mysql8 team to try to figure out why the macports
build exclusively uses the copy and update mechanism for linking mysql8 to
openssl / libcrypto.  Internally, they build with a custom openssl library,
but avoid the copy and update mechanism by setting the following two cmake
flags:
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=[openssl::install_area] \
    -DWITH_SSL=system

In the macports Portfile, I've added both changing the current -DWITH_SSL
flag from:
    -DWITH_SSL=[openssl::install_area]
    -DWITH_SSL=system

Unfortunately, the openssl port group keeps adding the
"-DWITH_SSL=[openssl::install_area]" flag to the end of the cmake command
automagically.

Is there a clean way to remove this flag from the configure process? (I've
tried configure.pre_args-delete, configure.args-delete,
configure.post_args-delete
to no avail).

Thanks!
John