Fix: My dovecot install fails after macOS Sonoma 14.5 update and MacPorts update

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sun May 26 16:04:13 UTC 2024

Thank you.

I had all kinds of other issues as well, so I was starting to wonder my MacPorts registry was corrupted

E.g. clamav-server did not activate because an older /opt/local/etc/clamd.conf.macports.orig was still there. Or a just installed certbot that on clean quits with an error because certbot is not installed. But iyt may have been macports/sources.conf location confusion or an interrupted update..

Anyway, is there a way to rebuild the registry (without losing all my configs in /opt/local/etc and elsewhere)? Just in case it is corrupted?

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>, Mastodon <https://newsie.social/@gctwnl>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>