Sequoia vs SuiteSparse

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 18 12:10:34 UTC 2024

> I am puzzled as to why SuiteSparse_GraphBLAS drags in clang17 and
> SuiteSparse_LAGraph drags in both clang16 and clang17 as build
> dependencies. I don't see anything in the SuiteSparse Portfile showing
> those dependencies.

LLVM 17 is a few versions back, LLVM 18 and 19 are both available, so it
could be its just too old for macOS15. Can you please try forcing any
build that is falling back to using clang-17 to use clang-18 and/or
clang-19 instead ? you can do that by appending

configure.compiler=macports-clang-18

to your port install command, e.g.

 > sudo port install foo configure.compiler=macports-clang-18

If that works we should then veto adding 17 (or older) as fallbacks on
macOS15, at least until someone has time to investigate the problems there.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/_resources/port1.0/compilers/clang_compilers.tcl

Chris