Newbie Port Errors

Clint Laskowski clint at robotic.com
Tue Dec 5 14:03:05 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm brand new to this list, but have been a Mac user since 1984 (I met
Steve Jobs at SoftCon in February 1984 in New Orleans, a month after the
Mac was introduced!).

I'm trying to install Nepenthes (http://nepenthes.mwcollect.org/) on my
iBook G4. There are some instructions on doing this at
http://nepenthes.mwcollect.org/documentation:readme#mac_osx.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to complete even the first command :-(

Xcode2 is installed. My system is up-to-date (10.4.8). I have Internet
connectivity. Here's what I get:

$ sudo part install libtool # libtoolize
Warning: Can't open index file for source:
rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports
Error: search for portname libtool failed: No index(es) found! Have you
synced your source indexes?

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why this is not
working, or what diagnostics I could perform to help figure this out?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

-- Clint

---
. Clint Laskowski, CISSP
. BlueHat Security, Inc.
. www.bluehatsecurity.com
. clint at bluehatsecurity.com
. mobile: 414-807-8845

"Helping Clients Understand and Improve the Security of their
Information Systems."