Subject: python24 fails to activate

Markos Kapes mkapes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 00:40:04 PST 2006

On trying to install Python24 on my  new macbook, running 10.4.8,
with no python ports installed except apple's standard 2.3 framework,
I get:

--->  Fetching python24
--->  Attempting to fetch Python-2.4.3.tar.bz2 from http://
www.python.org//ftp/python/2.4.3/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for python24
--->  Extracting python24
--->  Applying patches to python24
--->  Configuring python24
--->  Building python24 with target all
--->  Staging python24 into destroot
--->  Installing python24 2.4.3_1+darwin_8
--->  Activating python24 2.4.3_1+darwin_8
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error: /Applications/
DarwinPorts/MacPython/BuildApplet.app/Contents/Info.plist already
exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate
port python24.

I noticed a similar thread a year ago & did
port sync
port clean --all python24
etc

as the posts suggested, but still the same problem
Any help most appreciated.
--mk