A variety of problems

Frank McPherson frank.mcpherson at janusresearch.com
Mon Dec 11 12:41:53 PST 2006

Eric,

I can't help on your first problem installing macports, or the second
one with qt3, but I ran in to something very similar to your libintl
dylib problems.

On Dec 11, 2006, at 13:34, Eric Angell wrote:

> ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
> /opt/local/lib/libgwenhywfar.38.dylib is not prebound
> ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
> /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib (checking for undefined symbols
> may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _libintl_dgettext referenced from libgwenhywfar.38 expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
> _libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset referenced from libgwenhywfar.38
> expected to be defined in /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
> _libintl_bindtextdomain referenced from libgwenhywfar.38 expected
> to be defined in /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[5]: *** [libaqbanking.la] Error 1
> make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I think the script and script snippets in the second hint on http://
trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist might help
you solve problems related to a missing libint.3.dylib. This process
is what I did on two machines, one PPC and one Intel, to solve this
problem, and I have gnucash on both machines now.

Frank