Problem installing GnuCash

Andrew Wilson andrewjwilson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 06:11:55 PST 2006

Hi all,

I have been trying to install GnuCash Version 2 on Mac OS X 10.4 using the
release in Macports and get the following error:

------------------------
grep: /Users/Shared/Downloads/ChatServer-37.1/build/usr/local/lib/libintl.la:
No such file or directory
sed: /Users/Shared/Downloads/ChatServer-37.1/build/usr/local/lib/libintl.la:
No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/Users/Shared/Downloads/ChatServer-37.1/build/usr/local/lib/libintl.la'
is not a valid libtool archive
make[5]: *** [libgncmod-gnome-utils.la] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Why is it trying to access a library from ChatServer?  I have tried most
things, including updating all the dependencies on the gettext supplied
libintl library.  I am on MacPorts version 1.320 and have done a recent
sync.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew