The Python 2.5 port island

Luc Heinrich luc at honk-honk.com
Sun Dec 17 08:36:07 PST 2006

On 13 déc. 06, at 00:29, Landon Fuller wrote:

> Thoughts? I want to use Python 2.5! =)

Me too, but I have found other problems:

*None* of the dependencies listed in the python25 Portfile are
actually used. The python24 Portfile has a post-configure step which
patches the Makefile to fix this. The "normal" way to correctly build
the python extensions when building manually is to set some
environment variables but doing the same in MacPorts does not seem to
work at all, I have tried to add some configure.env and build.env but
they seem to be simply ignored... :/ Moreover, the post-configure
step used in python24 does not allow the bsddb extension to be
correctly built, an additional patch to setup.py is apparently
necessary for this (since environment variables seem to be ignored).

Oh, and the --disable-tk configure option does not seem to do what it
looks like it is supposed to do.

--
Luc Heinrich - luc at honk-honk.com - http://www.honk-honk.com