gcc languages

Gregory Wright gwright at antiope.com
Fri Dec 22 16:26:06 PST 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 10:56 AM, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 06-12-22 à 04:55, Alexy Khrabrov a écrit :
>
>> What's the way to specify languages when I get gcc via macports?
>> Specifically, I need  Ada and Fortran.
>
> gcc-4.1 is installed with configure.args  --enable-languages=c,c+
> +,java,objc,obj-c++,fortran
>
> I don't know why ada is not included, but the only way to change
> this is to change this specific Portfile line (or add a variant)

Ada is not included because it can't be bootstrapped from gcc alone.
It requires a working
ada compiler to build.

It is not impossible to do this (it's how the ghc port works), but
does require a bit
of care to download a binary compiler and have the main build find
it.  The ghc
portfile could be a guide to how this can be done.

Greg