how to use variants.conf file?

Jin Hyung Park jenix at jinhyung.org
Wed Dec 27 20:30:28 PST 2006

i know.i made it on purpose. just for checking whether "port install vim"
uses variants.conf or not.

DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port vim.
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port vim.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port vim.
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.main (vim)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.unarchive (vim)

but there is no provied +multibyte or +ncurses.
the result is same without wrong variant syntax.

just put , "+multibyte +ncurses" in variants.conf, "multibyte" and "ncurses"
are not provided to vim when i try to install vim, above debug message..