php5 & postgresql82?

Ringo De Smet ringods at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 31 01:26:12 PST 2006

--- Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> The php5 port will need to be changed. I'd be happy to do that if
> someone will tell me how I should change it. Should we change the
> php5 port to use postgresql82 instead of postgresql81, or should we
> provide both options? I don't use PostgreSQL so I don't know.

I eventually looked into which PostgreSQL I use on Linux and it was 8.1
also. I must have overlooked that the 8.2 port files are only committed for
a few days. Feel free to update the port file, but for me, the 8.2 is no
longer needed. I took 8.1.

I wonder if it is possible to have something like the "provides"-"requires"
rules that Debian dpkg has. PostgreSQL 8.1 and 8.2 could "provide
postgresql8" while php5 could "require postgresql8". Then both PostgreSQL
8.1 and 8.2 would provide the php5 necessity.

Thanks anyway,

Ringo